Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
Quote:
My guess would be us. My husband and I are the only ones we know of here in overton that breed pheasants. And we know Cliff.

Well I just bought a Silver Pheasant 08' pair...
smile.png

I CANT WAIT!! I am getting them next friday!

How do you know Cliff?

Small world..
bun.gif

Cliff is a fellow pheasant fancier. Our neighbor's dad and cliff are friends and that is how we met him. He came down to see our set up one evening and ended up trading us for some cochins that we had. I got a pair of peach splash pheasants from him.

Did your pheasants come? We have a trio of silvers and our male is such a character. He loves to display to anyone who is paying any attention to him.

Enjoy them. You too will join our ranks of pheasant fanciers. They are like potato chips, one is never enough
lau.gif

Did you post on craigslist? I would put a listing out there in Farm & garden for one and see what response you get! Good Luck and sorry for your loss!!

I got two pair, they arent pure, but they sure are pretty. And now Gloria(who lost her mate) has some new friends!
wee.gif

Quote:
Well I just bought a Silver Pheasant 08' pair...
smile.png

I CANT WAIT!! I am getting them next friday!

How do you know Cliff?

Small world..
bun.gif

Cliff is a fellow pheasant fancier. Our neighbor's dad and cliff are friends and that is how we met him. He came down to see our set up one evening and ended up trading us for some cochins that we had. I got a pair of peach splash pheasants from him.

Did your pheasants come? We have a trio of silvers and our male is such a character. He loves to display to anyone who is paying any attention to him.

Enjoy them. You too will join our ranks of pheasant fanciers. They are like potato chips, one is never enough
lau.gif

They came yesterday...

WOW!! the male is beautiful, and the female, is really hard to even find.
wink.png

I really like all the different noises pheasants make, (Im used to quack and chirp. lol)

I am in SE corner near Humboldt. Raise silkies, wyandottes, faverolles and buckeyes. Usually have started birds for sale in the fall after evaluation and sorting through for show and breeding. I have several different colors of silkies and bantam dottes and have hatched around 200 this summer.

The Ness's in Frremont have some very nice Embden geese as someone was looking for one as may the Madden's south of Lincoln.

I don't get on BYC very often but was checking up today. There was just a swap in Brownville over the weekend in conjunction with their large flea market. This was just the 2nd time they have done this in the fall. They have had a spring Father's Day swap in June for 25 years that has a good variety of birds and odds and ends animals.

Lincoln will also have their 125th Nebraska State Poultry Association show at the Lancaster Event Center Nov. 7-8 with a Western Cochin National, Jersey Giant National, International Waterfowl National, and several other club meets including Wyandottes, American Silkie Bantam Club, and others.

Hi to EVERYONE in Nebraska! Husband-to-Bee and I are right in Omaha with a house full of six children; 3 of my 4 and 3 of his 4, one LARGE pitbull, 1 all-black siamese cat (attitude included) and 1 misbehaved tabby named 'Mo (short for Geronimo). We are applying for our permit, building a new chicken coop over the winter, and starting with a brand new group of hens in the spring!! The coop plans are all drawn and I'm collecting cheap and recylable wood and other supplies and can't wait to start building!! I grew up right here in town raising ducks, geese and broiler chickens (shh
wink.png
) and now it's time for laying hens - I can't keep eggs in the fridge with all our big boys!! We'd LOVE to meet some other chicken folks in/around town and get together!! We're also getting started with meat rabbits, so any advice on that subject is also appreciated. Great to see so many great Nebraskans on this lovely forum!!

Back
Top Bottom