Neck injury

redranger209

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 17, 2016
Oakdale, CA
D293104C-DE1B-4A41-8872-8F31AF79688F.jpeg A4E8750F-BB51-40AE-BD75-70999E12733C.jpeg So I went outside to check on my birds, and my chick, honey, had a mangled neck! She’s moving and talking, she seems ok, but bleeding neck feathers are hanging, but she isn’t freaked out. The only predators near me are dogs, (not one) cats, and hawks. Help!

You can get vetericyn at a pet store if one is close. Amazon ships it fast. It is a good thing to have on hand.

All of mine have done fine with cleaning, isolaton for a day and twice a day tretmens with vetericyn. It is amazing stuff!

For active bleeding wounds, blu kote keeps flock mates from going after the blood

Update! I took her to the vet a while ago, they trimmed the loose skin and gave her a bandage. They subscribed antibiotics and painkillers. Now she’s integrated in the flock and is fully healed, except for missing feathers on her neck. She’s massive already! Bigger than one of my standard hens, and only about four months.

I’m relatively new to chickens but from what’ve read from other threads I would recommend cleaning out with hydgeron peroxcide and then neosplorin. Once again not an expert. Hope she recovers

Back
Top Bottom