Neck tumours please help

OwO

Songster
9 Years
May 26, 2014
UK
This is like my 4th time posting in the last week.. Things are all going wrong suddenly after almost 3 years of no problems

Anyway one of my chickens who is about 7 years old has these hard lumps up the bottom of her neck. In the last week more seem to have appeared. They are not visible on her skin but they are very apparent when feeling her neck. It is not just her crop that I'm feeling as I can feel her crop as well separately.

I'm guessing the only option is surgery... Is this a very viable option? Can chickens have tumours cut out of their neck and make a full recovery?? Thanks

Do you have pictures of the lumps? Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease?
The tumours are not visible - they are inside her neck and I can feel them. I don't know if she is vaccinated as I got given her from someone about 6 years ago and they didn't know either :( I've made a vet appointment for Saturday

Update after vet visit: vet said he doesn't know what it is but said there's a few possiblities he is considering. Seems as though they have started to decrease in size, although I am not certain and I will keep checking them daily.

I also remembered that on the day I discovered the lump in her neck she was foaming at the mouth and had thick saliva inside her mouth - wondering if it may be related.

Could she have had something in her crop?
I very much doubt it - I can feel her crop separately and it feels normal, plus the lumps are super round and hard. Unless she had a grape stuck in her throat, but there were several smaller ones and they could not be moved. Today it seems to have gone down once again luckily :)

Back
Top Bottom