Necks breaking!!

2113B141-BA02-4073-BC18-C6F9B64D6579.jpeg 17F7E5EC-DA9B-466D-8AB8-AC47D3B3E715.jpeg 42D7685E-1277-4725-B661-684AA711F6C6.jpeg
Awwwww! Definitely starting to look age appropriate ie approx 4 weeks!!!! Once you get them outside, the fluff multiplies quickly!!!!! LOL
Elvis And Frosty! 2 of my biggest at 5.5 weeks (1 week outside)

image.jpg
Wow! It's hard to believe mine will look like that too soon!
I moved the Easter eggers and lil hoppy out too midweek when fathead and friends started to escape brooder box! I have to put hoppy in and out of the coop each night but he goes to bed with a full crop!!!! And he seems much happier back with full flock!

Is it normal to have them play fighting? Also what should I make their perches out of? What should their temperature range be? It's 80 inside of their shed but I now have air conditioner so I can lower it

Last edited:
Is it normal to have them play fighting? Also what should I make their perches out of? What should their temperature range be? It's 80 inside of their shed but I now have air conditioner so I can lower it
Yes, that's normal behavior:)

"Rule of Thumb" for chicks is to start at 90-95F then decrease the temperature by 5degrees each week.
BEHAVIOR is a better indicator as to whether they are comfortable or not. If they are not spending all their time huddled under the heat you are good. If they are avoiding heat completely, they are too hot.

Perches can be made from anything. Sturdy sticks from trees to dowel rods. At that age they usually won't roost, but they love to "play" on perches.

Back
Top Bottom