Necropsy Guidelines

Well, there you have it. I’m officially killing my chickens. Bagheera’s preliminary report has a diagnosis of fatty liver hemorrhagic syndrome. She was one of my smallest hens. I’m scared for the rest of them. I’m so bummed and feel horrible. Will share of anything changes with labs.

Well, keep doing what you’re doing, Kiki. You are right to keep sharing the dangers of treating your flock.

I need to see if I can somehow prevent this in the rest of them. I’m concerned their free range to be may be a factor, but they need the exercise. I may start limiting feed, but the pullets aren’t full grown yet, so I just don’t know. Will have to think about it. It may be too late for the adults.

Last edited:
Well, keep doing what you’re doing, Kiki. You are right to keep sharing the dangers of treating your flock.

I need to see if I can somehow prevent this in the rest of them. I’m concerned their free range to be may be a factor, but they need the exercise. I may start limiting feed, but the pullets aren’t full grown yet, so I just don’t know. Will have to think about it. It may be too late for the adults.
I would not limit feed and I would not worry about what they eat when free ranging.

I don't know if it is even possible to undo what was done.

Just continue to not feed any treats...including eggs to your new babies and hopefully they will live long.

What you can do is measure out about 3/4 cups of feed per bird you have and only put that amount in the feeder each day.
See if they finish it all or not.

Back
Top Bottom