Necropsy report

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tonyschicks, Aug 28, 2016.

1. tonyschicks

tonyschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2015
    Homestead Florida
    Hello everybody!
    Well after having a few chickens die everyday for about a week and after doing a lot of research on here, I finally took someone's advise and got ahold of my state vet and asked for help.
    She recommended sending out 2 fresh chickens out for necropsy. After about a month of shipping I finally got the report back. I reached out again to who I thought was my state vet but then she told me she wasn't a vet at all and that I would have to find a vet that can help me understand this report.
    I have an appointment with an avian vet but they can't see me for another 2 weeks.
    Long story short, Im wondering if someone on here with some knowledge can help me understand what's on this report and maybe suggest medication. I'm having at least 2 chickens/chicks die each day.

Thanks in advance

2. Blackberry18

Blackberry18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2015
    Minnesota
    I brought three chickens to my local university to have a necropsy done. Ended up that mine had worms and were dying of starvation. My report was fairly easy to understand. It usually lists the cause of death. I recommend researching that to find a cure or medication. I am willing to help look at it. You can PM me, if you want.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by