Need 7 ducks processed in S Central WI, NW Illinois or NE Iowa

ElaineS585

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 13, 2010
I have been trying to find someone to process 7 ducks for me for months to no avail. I can find chicken processors but nobody processes ducks. I am willing to pay a reasonable amount but do want them plucked, not skinned. Do you know of anyone who processes ducks or hunters that would be willing to help me by doing this? I'm willing to travel a reasonable distance to get this done. They are 3 month old Pekin/Rouen mix. The processor doesn't have to be a licensed facility as these are for my family's personal consumption, not resale. No one in my family hunts so none of us have the skill or steel-will/stomach to try to process them. (We do fish and kill, clean & cook our own fish so we're not completely hopeless!)
Thanks.
Elaine
P.S. I THINK I might be able to help pluck them and would be willing to try...

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you very much!! I'll go search through it now and see what I can find.
Thanks again!
Elaine

Are there any hunt clubs close to you? They will have someone who dresses ducks for their clients. Since you don't need a licensed processor, you could maybe hire him to dress a few ducks for you.

Hi, Folks,
Thanks for the suggestions & contact info. We decided to bite the bullet yesterday and processed 3. We'll process 2 more this week when I have room to let them "rest/develop flavors" in the frig. At least I'll be able to reduce the # of drakes as they are starting to really harass the females.... The other 2 we'll probably fatten up until Spring....

Thanks again for your help!
Elaine

Back
Top Bottom