need a chicken recipe for dinner

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by shadowpaints, Aug 6, 2009.

1. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Songster

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    i dont have a LOT of stuff here but i have the basics of spices.. i want to bake a whole chicken... any ideas?

2. wombat

wombat Songster

Jun 23, 2009
    I use a broiler pan that has a rack inside to keep the chicken up off the pan.

I just put some rosemary and thyme on the chicken with a very light coating of olive oil and roast it. I put quartered small potatos and carrots cut into large chunks in the bottom of the pan, and they cook in the drippings. Just baste periodically with the drippings, and stir the potatos and the carrots so they don't stick.

3. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Songster

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    my family loves this.. get out your turkey roasting pan.. big one.. butter your chicken , salt and pepper,, center into pan.. put around it.. carrot, potatoe, onion cut into chunks.. drizzle with melted butter , salt and pepper .. chop about 4 cloves of garlic into pieces and sprinkle all over and cut up a lemon and squeeze the juice over all.. bake 350 till chicken is done.. the potatoes will be crispy and the chicken very flavorful..

4. agnes_day

agnes_day Songster

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    stick some butter under the skin, coat it with salt, pepper, and sage..and roast it! then make some mashed potatoes and gravy and there you go.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: