need a hug...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by bobzant, May 24, 2012.

1. bobzant

bobzant Chirping

Jul 6, 2011
    Perry, IL
    i was outside earlier tonight and i heard a distress call come from a chick. i was puzzled because there was no way there should be a chick outside of the run...i looked everywhere and found black feathers in the dog pen. i started to cuss at the dogs under my breath (yes i know its only natural) but still. well, i decided to move my truck out of the alley aand back into the drive, shortly after i discovered i had ran over the poor baby because he was taking refuge under my truck after escaping the dogs. i am very angry with myself right now, bawled like a baby for a good half hour. I'm starting to think i wasnt meant to have chickens...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    So sorry. Just horrible.

3. GardenGal

GardenGal Songster

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Ohhhh, I'm so sorry. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Don't think you weren't meant to have chickens. Sadly, these things happen to a lot of us. A good friend's wife accidentally ran over and killed their cocker spaniel who was in the driveway. It was terrible, but they went on to have more dogs and that never happened again. I hope it never happens to you again either. Here's another [​IMG]

4. Whittni

Whittni Crowing

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    [​IMG]

5. mmjisawesome

mmjisawesome Chirping

Mar 30, 2012
    Southern States
    [​IMG]Its okay things are gonna hapen sometimes. I am so sorry...[​IMG]

6. Kaleysdream

Kaleysdream Hatching

Aug 25, 2011
    I 2nd others, things are going to happen. Don't give up on chickens, they bring joy to our lives.

7. RMo2

RMo2 Songster

Apr 22, 2012
    Ohio
    I am so sorry that happened!!!!! [​IMG]

8. bobzant

bobzant Chirping

Jul 6, 2011
    Perry, IL
    thank you everyone...ive finally convinced myself that it wasn't my fault and that it was just a freak accident.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: