1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need A Pickled Egg Recipe That Ends Up Tasting Like .....

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by DENALI, Mar 28, 2008.

1. DENALI

DENALI Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    ....... like the brine they use to pickle the sausages you find at your local bar!
    Anyone have one? Thanks!!

2. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Here is my secret recipe, and it will taste exactly like the sausage.

Go to Walmart buy the big jar of pickled sausage, eat the sausage, and put boiled eggs in the jar.

Edit to add: let them sit for a couple of days for best soaked in flavour.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  3. WDPKS

WDPKS Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2008
    Norco, Ca
    Funny I though I was the only one that did that. Also works on your favorit pickles too. For a faster brining just poke a few holes in the egg with a fork throw the jar in the ref. for a few days. My wife won't eaat them only my kids & I, & one time I forgot about the jar for 6 mos.but when I found them boy were they great!!! Also you can put pepper or onion in the brine for a more spice taste

4. Sunny Chook Farm

Sunny Chook Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Thanks Marlinchaser for your secret recipe... Hubby and boys love the sausages and eggs...

5. DENALI

DENALI Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Quote:Yeah i know about that recipe...... but i dont wanna have to eat through a jar of sausages first as i have all the eggs ! Would like to start the brine from scratch!
    Anyone help?? Please!

Step 1.... I admit ... i have......a....a.....a..... pickled,,,,,,, egg fetish!! [​IMG]

6. josh

josh Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    If you do a search on google you will find some.

You need to let them set for more than a couple days to get good soaked in flavor. 2 to 3 weeks is better.[​IMG]

7. My DH loves pickled beets, so when i use all the pickles from a bread and butter pickle jar, I just pour off the juice from the beets and add them to the pickle brine, Eggs tast pretty good too just not the same as the sauage one,

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Here's the recipe I got from my SIL that we like:

2 Cups cider vinegar
    2 T sugar
    1 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    2 whole cloves
    1/4 tsp.caraway seed
    1/4 tsp. garlic powder
    1 tsp. celery seed

Heat to a boil and simmer 10 minutes. Then pour over 8 peeled hard boiled eggs. Cover tightly and and refridgerate for 2 days to let flavor develop.

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Add beet juice to Katy's recipe for those pink pickled eggs.

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I added the beet juice once and my hubby wouldn't eat them since he hates beets. Tried to convince him they really didn't taste like beets!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by