Need A Pickled Egg Recipe That Ends Up Tasting Like .....

DENALI

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
....... like the brine they use to pickle the sausages you find at your local bar!
Anyone have one? Thanks!!

Here is my secret recipe, and it will taste exactly like the sausage.

Go to Walmart buy the big jar of pickled sausage, eat the sausage, and put boiled eggs in the jar.

Edit to add: let them sit for a couple of days for best soaked in flavour.

Last edited:
Funny I though I was the only one that did that. Also works on your favorit pickles too. For a faster brining just poke a few holes in the egg with a fork throw the jar in the ref. for a few days. My wife won't eaat them only my kids & I, & one time I forgot about the jar for 6 mos.but when I found them boy were they great!!! Also you can put pepper or onion in the brine for a more spice taste

Quote:
Yeah i know about that recipe...... but i dont wanna have to eat through a jar of sausages first as i have all the eggs ! Would like to start the brine from scratch!
Anyone help?? Please!

Step 1.... I admit ... i have......a....a.....a..... pickled,,,,,,, egg fetish!!
big_smile.png

If you do a search on google you will find some.

You need to let them set for more than a couple days to get good soaked in flavor. 2 to 3 weeks is better.
wink.png

Here's the recipe I got from my SIL that we like:

2 Cups cider vinegar
2 T sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 whole cloves
1/4 tsp.caraway seed
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. celery seed

Heat to a boil and simmer 10 minutes. Then pour over 8 peeled hard boiled eggs. Cover tightly and and refridgerate for 2 days to let flavor develop.

Back
Top Bottom