Need a sympathetic group....

ok, so fish and game didn't actually enter your property and put them there? I'd definetly be upset about it myself, I'm establishing a small pond myself so when my mom builds andmoves here she can have some geese and ducks, but its a small pond, and I'm good at tanning with hair on, so ...I know what I would do.
I get your circumstances are different, and I dont understand why the drive is on to repopulate areas with animals that have, for one reason or the other, been eliminated. Turning predators loose in an area populated with people and pets and domestic livestock is doomed to failure from the onset...it's beaucractic wheels turning in somebodies head that lives in an ivory tower...
'they' have actually turned wolves loose here in wv - and don't want to admit it. Here, where every household has a shotgun and a rifle...and alot of people have little kids. It's so beyond stupid as to be incomprehensible

Achickenwrangler#1 :

ok, so fish and game didn't actually enter your property and put them there?

Fish and game usually puts them on their own land.....but how are they gonna get them to stay there? Of course the things go where ever they want and that's how the problem starts. If you've never seen a fisher it kinds looks like a HUGE ferret or mink. about 3X larger.​

Yeah, I get that they travel, I don't get that fish and game don't realize that? At first I thought they had been deposited in this pond...hmmm
I don't get why they think it's a good idea, or maybe they figure there is a ready food source available for these 'mink'. I get the predator thing, point is, the numbers were reduced by people in the first place, so releasing them into an area where they are considered pests and predators is not effacable to the species population in the first place. our gov in action, sad really.

So sorry for your losses! Can you set out any traps for the varmits? My grandmother hated them, they would dig their burrows around her pond & then she had to watch so her cows wouldn't step in them......Big pains in the neck for you!
hugs.gif

I will be setting game cams to track them and later I will learn how to taxidermy small/med animals. I am thinking a full body mount on a pedistle. as an update the local fish and game department diddnt even answer the phone today. And since the attack we have had like 18" of rain so no more tracks to see either( i did take photos tho). But unfortunately this event has made it so that ALL predators,dogs too, are on the shoot first list.

I'm so sorry for your loss, they should be made to pay for them and relocate the fishers.....as far as them not answering the phone...I would make it a point to be their worst nightmare and call 2 to 3 times a day at least... until they sent someone out....I wouldn't be ignored.....If someone turned you in for killing a deer out of season....not that I condone this....they would break their necks to get out to your place....
sad.png

Ok so I just candeled the ONE egg I got from the ducks..... It has lines and a heart!!!!!! I will get one baby out of them
smile.png
celebrate.gif
. Now I just have to see it through incubation( and then get it a buddy)

We just had a fisher cat take down our rooster yesterday (well, they left the kill for me, but they ruined any chance of survival first) and I can't imagine finding a flock all like that. I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

If you mosey over to the thread I made about stupid fisher cats, there are a few links to good traps and some advice on how to catch them (what calls to use, etc), if like me you're winding up taking care of the problem on your own.
I wish I could offer more practical advice, but this is a new predator for us, too.

Good luck with your egg, I hope your new flock finds it's habitat devoid of predators one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom