Need Advice ... Getting New Chickens!

But what are poultry show birds tested for? That’s different than NPIP right? In TX that’s just PT tested. But then, there’s a lot of exemptions where you font even have to be tested to be in a poultry show because of the shortage.

It can vary by show, let alone by state. You need to talk to the people running the show. They usually post the requirements.

This all boils down to how forthcoming with info the current owner is and how much you trust their operation. I'd want to see the conditions and other birds personally and ask about any possible disease history in the flock , such as respiratory illness or any notes they may have from their experience. When buying hatching eggs, the second breeder I went through was much more professional and knowledgeable about their flock and I came away with a lot of good extra info.
I have a few friends that raise chickens and I would flock swap without quarantine for them - only because I know the history of their birds and can trust they'd be honest with me if they'd observed any major issues.

these are my new girls! Welcome Lacey, Dottie, and Pearl 😍😍😍
C07137CE-E71B-4D03-B4B6-BD8E4A6C2A6F.png

4D010D0D-4939-4EA0-8B82-C4152C42FAF5.png

Back
Top Bottom