Need ADVICE on Bumblefoot!

Jason lad0n

In the Brooder
Jul 25, 2021
My family owns chickens and they've got bumblefoot on the bottom of their feet. We do not know how to help them. we have been trying to get it out using a razor blade and tweezers but we haven't been able to get anything. We don't want to inflict unnecessary pain with out fully taking out all the puss. Any advice would be fully appreciated.

This is my chicken with the most swelling.

Attachments

• 20210725_175939.jpg
    20210725_175939.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 6
My family owns chickens and they've got bumblefoot on the bottom of their feet. We do not know how to help them. we have been trying to get it out using a razor blade and tweezers but we haven't been able to get anything. We don't want to inflict unnecessary pain with out fully taking out all the puss. Any advice would be fully appreciated.
Please read the articles Wyorp Rock has provided. These articles WILL help you. If you need additional help, please post pictures of the bumble foot on every bird in question.
Make sure you check your roosts for anything sharp. You should be able to run your hand over it back n forth and not get poked. Also, check your run. Something has injured the feet. Your chickens can't tell you so, it's up to you to find it.
Good luck.

How many chickens are you talking about?

Please read the articles Wyorp Rock has provided. These articles WILL help you. If you need additional help, please post pictures of the bumble foot on every bird in question.
Make sure you check your roosts for anything sharp. You should be able to run your hand over it back n forth and not get poked. Also, check your run. Something has injured the feet. Your chickens can't tell you so, it's up to you to find it.
Good luck.
I will do so, thankyou.

Four of them have it.
Read each of the articles that Wyorp Rock gave you to read.
Tap on the article. Wyorp Rock is extremely knowledgeable about chickens including Bumble Foot. I'm going to suggest you tap to follow her too. She knows so much and you will learn a lot.
Please keep us posted.
You CAN do this. Start with one chicken at a time. If you have help, even better.

Read each of the articles that Wyorp Rock gave you to read.
Tap on the article. Wyorp Rock is extremely knowledgeable about chickens including Bumble Foot. I'm going to suggest you tap to follow her too. She knows so much and you will learn a lot.
Please keep us posted.
You CAN do this. Start with one chicken at a time. If you have help, even better.
Ok I will keep you posted, thankyou for all the help.

Ok I will keep you posted, thankyou for all the help.
You are welcome. I just read the first article. It's an easy read and explains everything to do.
If you don't have everything, you can get it tomorrow.
In the meantime, check your coop and run with a fine tooth comb.
Check the roost heights too.
Maybe they are too high for your girls hence the reason all 4 girls have it. Never know but, you'll have to fix the feet soon.

Back
Top Bottom