1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need advice on incubators for chicken eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Momma on a Mission, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Momma on a Mission

Momma on a Mission Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2011
    Seymour, IN
    I would love to get an incubator that can hold up to 12-20 eggs. I have no clue what to do since Im new to this. What would you suggest and does anyone have a incubator they need to sell?

2. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    High Springs, FL
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I don't know much about the Brinsea incubators. I have an LG and a couple of Hova-Bators. I incubate in a cabinet incubator and use the tabletops as hatchers. The Hova-Bators are better at holding the humidity where I want it. The people who do buy Brinsea's do like them a lot. It really depends on what you want to spend, how many eggs you want to hatch and if you want a turner or not, a thermometer/hygrometer for temperature and humidity. Once you start hatching you will probably become addicted like many of us are, so my advice to you would be get the largest incubator you can afford you may only want to hatch a dozen eggs now but you may want to do 2 or 3 dozen in future hatches. Just like a Lay's potato chip, "you can't eat just one". The same principle applies to hatching, once you do your first hatch you will probably want to do more... I love hatching. [​IMG]

4. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    I have a Hovabator 1588 and absolutely LOVE it because it's so brain-dead easy to use.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by