Need Advice on showing this hen

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by emvickrey, Jul 26, 2011.

1. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I'm entering some silkies in a show which will be my first one and I was filling out the form and wanted to know if this hen would fall under the catagory as a frizzle. What would be the qualifications be if she was able to be entered? Is she a frizzled silkie or sizzle or what? Thanks in advance for your help.

[​IMG]

And what about this fella?
    [​IMG]

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    She is a bearded white sizzle; he looks to be blue or a very dark lavender, and non-bearded.

3. emvickrey

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    She has maybe 3 or 4 black feathers total. That doesn't make her a paint does it? I don't suppose it does but just wondering. Since Sizzle isn't on the list I can't enter her. She's always been my favorite of the sizzles. I didn't think He would be showable because of the color of his comb and wattles. He's about 8 months old. She is a year and a half.

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:Even if it isn't on hte list (it shouldn't be as sizzles are not recognised), enter her as AOV. He isn't very typey, as well as having too red comb & wattles.

5. Lofty Dreams

Lofty Dreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Minnesota
    You might be able to enter her can you pluck the black feathers. In the fair that I go to people enter Sex-links

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  6. emvickrey

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I'm sure I can pluck the black feathers. There are only a few. Her legs and feet aren't heavily feathered, would that make a difference?
    In the bantam division there is a class of "Feather Legged" and in that list there is "other feather legged", is that where she would go under? I dno't know what AOV is.

7. Okie Amazon

Okie Amazon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Midwest City
    Any Other Variety

8. emvickrey

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Quote:Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by