need advice on using a covering for plywood floor of coop

I wonder if that stuff "seen on TV" that is supposed to seal up anything against water. It's spray on black. Lowes has it. The commercial shows the guy spraying a boat bottom of screen or something then taking it out on water. I only need enough for 4x4.

I wonder if that stuff "seen on TV" that is supposed to seal up anything against water. It's spray on black. Lowes has it. The commercial shows the guy spraying a boat bottom of screen or something then taking it out on water. I only need enough for 4x4.

This is exactly what my boyfriend had thought of. We are like you, and are building a smaller coop and don't need a 5 gallon bucket
hmm.png

I see the Lowes stuff listed earlier in the thread has some bad reviews. I know you cant believe everything you read though.
I just checked out some of those reviews. Doesn't sound like it works so good for a roof, but it IS one great chicken coop floor protector, LOL. Maybe I'll put in a positive review for that. I don't have any cracks or peeling after 3yrs.
Jack

I think I'm going to buy marine paint at Lowes. $15 for a quart which should be plenty. Might look at that spray on stuff from TV too. Marine paint should be really good though I would think.

We are going to start building our coop in the next couple weeks. We decided to use the plastic pans that washer machines sit in and build them in so they slide out of the coop on each floor. I hope it works.

Back
Top Bottom