Need advice

HartJ

Hatching
Mar 14, 2016
This is my first time putting chicken eggs in an incubator. I have several questions. I have several eggs in the incubator all from different days that I've been keeping track of. Row 1 had day 21 yesterday, row 2 today so on and so forth. (Have 7 rows total) I read your supposed to take them off the Turner but I know that's not safe because some of them still need to be turned so what do I do can I take the ones that are on day 18 to 21 that are not supposed to be turned and put them in a box under a warm heat lamp? And I have 2 eggs that I can hear chirping but no cracks what so ever. Please help!

This is my first time putting chicken eggs in an incubator. I have several questions. I have several eggs in the incubator all from different days that I've been keeping track of. Row 1 had day 21 yesterday, row 2 today so on and so forth. (Have 7 rows total) I read your supposed to take them off the Turner but I know that's not safe because some of them still need to be turned so what do I do can I take the ones that are on day 18 to 21 that are not supposed to be turned and put them in a box under a warm heat lamp? And I have 2 eggs that I can hear chirping but no cracks what so ever. Please help!
That is one heck of a staggerd hatch. So are you adding eggs on a daily basis? How much time is there between the oldest and youngest? If there is only a week difference turning isn't so much an issue as the humidity change at lockdown. I stop turning all my eggs now at the end of day 13. They don't need to be turned past 2 weeks. The peeping you hear inside the egg is perfectly normal. The chick has internally pipped. You will most likely see an external pip somewhere between now and the next 24 hours.

There are 7 rows, all a day apart except there are some Silkie eggs that were placed in there yesterday, (she hadn't laid eggs in 3 weeks, and were wanting more Silkies) after I put yesterdays in the incubator I realized I may have messed up. The incubator I have is the one that automatically turns all 7 rows, unless you remove the tray. So now I'm not sure what to do. Would it be possible to remove all the eggs from the incubator, minus the silkie eggs, place them in the brood er that's all set up and ready?

There are 7 rows, all a day apart except there are some Silkie eggs that were placed in there yesterday, (she hadn't laid eggs in 3 weeks, and were wanting more Silkies) after I put yesterdays in the incubator I realized I may have messed up. The incubator I have is the one that automatically turns all 7 rows, unless you remove the tray. So now I'm not sure what to do. Would it be possible to remove all the eggs from the incubator, minus the silkie eggs, place them in the brood er that's all set up and ready?
I wouldn't. I'd take out the turner, lay them down and manually turn the three silkies. Make sure you have the humidity up for the ones that are ready to hatch. At the end of the week, when hopefully they are all hatched, I would drop the humidity down and most likely run dry and monitor the air cells on the silkie.

You can collect and store eggs for 7-10 days before incubating. It's much easier to incubate eggs all on the same time limit that to do staggered hatches. Staggered hatches can be done successfully, but overall you can't give the eggs the optimal environment for the stages they are unless you have a seperate incubator/hatcher.

Thank you so much Amy! So I will take the Turner out and manually turn the eggs that I leave n the incubator with the rest. How many times a day do I turn them?

You are quite welcome too.
wink.png

Also, what does the humidity need to be at for the ones hatching! I'm so shocked right now, I have one hathing now!! Yay

Back
Top Bottom