Need answers about pregnant "stray" cat !!

First litter: 4 - gave 1 to a friend, kept 3.

Second litter: 3 - looking for homes for them.

I'm a big cat fan, have always had at least 2 cats at a time. :) Been through a few births. Had to assist one of my cats before because the baby got stuck in the canal (good thing I'm not squeamish, and actually enjoy the "gross" stuff I find it interesting lol). Meow was the biggest pain in the butt in both births Lol. She literally wanted me to hold her paw as she gave birth. :lau The second litter is the only time I've ever gotten scared because she had the first one then waited 20 hours before popping out the other 2. Talk about a long night, I fell asleep with her laying down on the bathroom floor and woke up with her paw in my hand and her sleeping with her baby. :love

You know, I don't think I've ever looked at any of my pregnant cats butts... either that or my brain is just choosing to forget about it :lau My guess is that it's her body getting ready. You could still have another month of waiting. She doesn't look to big, then again she could only have 2 kittens. Oh and if you didn't know a cats pregnancy only lasts 3 months.

Aww, no problem glad I can help. :) If you have anymore questions just ask and I'll try my best to answer or try to find out for you. :)

Hii! Sorry for the late reply, every time I would sit down to respond something would come up.. sadly though, none of those distractions were kittens. I have been feeling them move like CRAZY lately, and then yesterday and today they seem to have moved lower, I think I count three, but I'm no professional, haha. :p I've been taking her temp and it's normally around 101.6, today the thermometer barely made it too 100, so I'll take it again later and we'll see.

Your cat's sound so precious! I'm really hoping she'll want me around when she gives birth, she's SO sweet and just wants to be held and pet, she has been hanging out in her nesting box I gave her a lot more so fingers crossed that's a good sign!

No worries, I know what you mean with things popping up lol.

It's fun to sit there and feel them move and try to guess how many. With both of Meows litters we had bets going on over here on how many we thought she was going to have and what they were going to look like Lol.

Don't worry yourself to much, I've never taken my cats temperatures. As long as she's doing well, and looking healthy I just sit and wait. :)

Awesome to hear that she's been hanging out in the nesting box more now. Hopefully she'll know it's the safest spot for her and her babies. I hope to see pictures when they are born. :D

Hey! So still no kittens... I still feel them in there though so that's good, I'm thinking I severely misjudged how far a long she was (obviously ;) ) I'm now thinking she was around 3 or 4 weeks when she showed up, because her nipples were pink but that's about all, I'm thinking she got so big in the next week or so because she went from eating trash to real food and she was bloating then when she lost weight she was just going back to "normal" meaning adjusted to cat food. I also think I must have just been able to feel them early, I breed rabbits and have gotten good at feeling them and I've read your vet can feel them around 4 or 5 weeks. So in that case she's only around 8 weeks now, so possibly two more weeks to go. If no kittens in the next two weeks it's off to the vet we go, to find out what's going on. She's happy and healthy though , I think it's probably good she wasn't as far along as now she's had more time get used to us and her home.

The only thing I can't explain is why she started leaking milk one night a few weeks ago. She stopped the next day, and now her back nipples are starting to bag up again. Cat's are so confusing. :p

And yes, lots of pictures when they are born!!

Yayyyy! Glad she's doing well, and spending more time with you guys. I've never had a cat leak before having their kittens but it does happen. It happens even with humans. Some are just milk machines Lol. Have you guys named her?

We named her Frankie, Louie was an option for a while but Frankie just fits her better. She's a ball to have around, we also now have two potential homes for kittens, I'm excited, can't wait for them to be born!

Aww Frankie, thats cute. :) Awesome you have 2 homes lined up. Hope they'll still have those homes lined up when they are ready to go to their new homes. I'm still trying to find my 3 new homes Lol. I wasn't going to post on Craigslist because well, they're all black and it's almost Halloween. Before they were born someone wanted two, well they backed out when they were ready. I hope I can find them homes soon before I get to attached Lol.

Back
Top Bottom