Need chickens in Mississippi

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by wyndotte lover, Feb 9, 2016.

1. wyndotte lover

wyndotte lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2015
    Mississippi
    Will go with in reasonable distance

2. Braxton Brigade

Braxton Brigade Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2015
    Braxton, Ms
    Where about in Ms are you? I own one that is still on her break after molting...

3. wyndotte lover

Oct 26, 2015
    Mississippi
    TOSHIMINGO county

4. Braxton Brigade

Sep 2, 2015
    Braxton, Ms
    That's quite a ways from my neck of the wood. Not many Wyandottes down here, one of the less popular breeds that are sold. Have you gone on Facebook? There is a backyard chickens of mississippi page on there, you could also look for other pages by searching a phrase like chicken, chicken sales or just ask around.

I could have sworn you asked if anyone had wyandottes... I hope you did, if not I've just gone off subject.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  5. wyndotte lover

Oct 26, 2015
    Mississippi
    Yea me and my sister want chicken she owns a lot of white leghorns and black australorps

6. Braxton Brigade

Sep 2, 2015
    Braxton, Ms
    Do you own any yourself? I have 27 (20 are still in a brooder), I own Easter Eggers, Leghorns, Gold Laced Wyandotte and a Araucana. The chicks I am brooding are 3 Black Australorps (heritage background), 6 Ameruacanas, 2 ISA Browns, 5 Barred Plymouth Rocks and 3 small Black Australorp chicks.

7. wyndotte lover

Oct 26, 2015
    Mississippi
    Yes only 4 silver laced wyndottes and one leghorn mix my sister owns I Cochin bantam 5 silkies around 30ifnot more white leghorns and black australorps free ranging and she own 1 bob red hen 1 diver duckling bantam and 1 japenes bantam hen and one Cochin mix and 1 Cornish x cross rooster I like chickens with color I got 5 buff pro chicks on the way and 10 silver laced wyndottes chick on the way from Murray Mcmurray I really like wide built chickens but I really like the rumpled arecaunas to there only other breed besides wyndottes I would really want to own the reason I got buff is my I like wyndottes but they don't go broody that much but orpingtons do and I'm hoping to get a golden laced wyndottes that goes broody often

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by