NEED COOP SHORTCUT!!!!!!

4hLuvers

Chirping
14 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Bay Area CA
Hi All!
We have been building our coop/run for 2 months now and are getting kind of tired. The run is almost done but we still need a coop. Any ideas on a fast cheap way to get a nice coop???We were thinking of a plastic shed but would that get too hot inside??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!
barnie.gif

-4hLuvers

I would look and see if anyone has a shed they want hauled off.... they way you got something pretty much done that just needs cleaning and some roosts/nesting boxes/ and a door!

I agree that if you can find something suitable that is pre-built...go for it! We started our coop this past weekend & are almost finished with the basic structure, but there were a few times, even over these days, I wished I had found something aready together. It is frustrating to run into problems & have to stop & figure out the next step...can be a little hard on the marriage, if ya know what I mean...
wink.png

Craigslist! Look for things like sheds, play houses, dog houses. Those all can be converted into coops, and generally cost less then building your own.

I found a 10' x 7' metal shed with double sliding doors free on Craigslist - it was just a few blocks from our house too!

It's the time of year where hardware stores and other box stores are giving huge discounts on sheds, often with little windowns and screens. Building is a lot more work than you think isn't it? We started in winter (OMG)
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom