need dosage conversion help!

mrsreaper2278

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 27, 2014
Knoxville, TN
How do I convert a flock dosage into at home use? The ratio is one packet (107 g. Or 3.77 ounces) to 100 gallons of water.
I would like to make 1 gallon at a time. How much mediction do I use?

There are 5 grams (rounded off) in a teaspoon so I would just add between 1/8 and1/4 teaspoon per gallon and call it a day :)

There are 5 grams (rounded off) in a teaspoon so I would just add between 1/8 and1/4 teaspoon per gallon and call it a day :)

Grams are a measurement of mass a teaspoon is a measurement of volume... Yes a teaspoon of WATER is about 5 grams, and that conversion of volume to mass ends there, unless the substance being converted has the same density as water...

If the medication is a liquid it's probably still close to the same 5 grams to a teaspoon, but on the other hand if the medication is a fluffy power that conversion could be way off..

For example

A teaspoon of baking flour weighs about 1.66 - 2.50 grams depending on how fluffed up it is...
A teaspoon of baking soda weighs about 4.5 - 4.8 grams...
A teaspoon of table salt weights about 5.7 grams...

Last edited:
How do I convert a flock dosage into at home use? The ratio is one packet (107 g. Or 3.77 ounces) to 100 gallons of water.
I would like to make 1 gallon at a time. How much mediction do I use?

What product are you referring to? Different products have different dosages for various mg's/kg's etc... I have most of them written down for reference.

This is the medication. Treating for possible cocci in a turkey

Back
Top Bottom