need dosage info for duck

Rachelbaker419

Hatching
May 20, 2017
I have a fawn duck, she is one year two months, weighs 2.8 pounds if my scale is accurate. I cannot find a doctor to see her here in my city so I am hoping for help here. I am certain she has bumblefoot. It is swollen, warm, (not hot) and she is tender when she walks on it. No other symptoms I have noticed. Want to give her penicillin. All the medicine at Wilco is marked for chickens. Is that safe to give her, if not what would be ideal? Also, what is the dosage for her? Are her eggs still safe to eat or should we wait until the infection is gone? Thanks in advance.

I have a fawn duck, she is one year two months, weighs 2.8 pounds if my scale is accurate. I cannot find a doctor to see her here in my city so I am hoping for help here. I am certain she has bumblefoot. It is swollen, warm, (not hot) and she is tender when she walks on it. No other symptoms I have noticed. Want to give her penicillin. All the medicine at Wilco is marked for chickens. Is that safe to give her, if not what would be ideal? Also, what is the dosage for her? Are her eggs still safe to eat or should we wait until the infection is gone? Thanks in advance.
Welcome to BYC! Can you post some pictures of her foot?

I tried to clean up her foot and get a photo but she just wiggles too much. Besides being too big on the middle "toe" it looks normal. I can tell she is in pain, I feel so bad for her. I really need to get this taken care of. She can walk on it but you can tell she does not like to and holds it up most of the time. My son has been carrying her to and from her food and water so she does not have to walk.

Back
Top Bottom