Need electrical advice

I did the lead cord overhead thing taking it down and storing it in the summer. Hated it. I also wanted a light in each coop to make it easier to handle the gals to check them over after dark. Ya, I know there's headlamps, solar ect, but I wanted power. Rented a trencher to run the 75' from the shop to the coops. It's 14” deep so I can run my tractor, quad and 72" mower over it without issues.
yea only problem is i gotta go a hundred feet

The first few or two I have a pump that recirculated water. I'll tell ya after the pump burnt up I redone my system simpler and cheaper and have never regretted it. Only thing I have is a heater now.

Ok so I am installing a thermometer in the coop to see what the temp gets down too. And plan to adjust my plan based on a average temp in the coop itself

Ok so I am installing a thermometer in the coop to see what the temp gets down too. And plan to adjust my plan based on a average temp in the coop itself

I use the bluetooth hygrometer with thermometer - one inside the coop, and one inside the covered run. Works well with a smart phone. $20 for two units.

Even though the unit says it's an indoor model, my calibration shows that the readings seem spot on. Since both coop and run are covered, the units aren't exposed to rain/sun.

Back
Top Bottom