NEED EMERGENCY ADVICE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

Chicken George

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 25, 2012
My five aracauunas now 4 are suffering from heat exaustion. Only one is standing and eating 2 are chirping loudly and waddling around on their egs and the last one is lating there with labored breathing I cannot afford to lose 5 more i lost 3 already on saturday please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Give them access to water to cool off in. Even if it's just pans of water they can stand in it will help them. You could try spritzing them with water but don't cool them off too quickly or they may go into shock. If you have a fan that you can set up for them that may help as well? Holy smokes, how hot is it where you live! It's just starting to warm up here in the great white north!! Good luck!

Im so sorry,you can always use 2 liter soda bottles,freeze them solid,and put them next to the hens next time it gets hot.

I am so sorry! How heartbreaking.
hugs.gif

It got up to 102 yesterday and the other one who i was worried about died this morning and thanks for all of the great advice

Really sorry to hear... I'm still a bit baffled though. My girls get through 100-112 degree summers - however, it's dry here (no humidity). I just make sure they have bushes to hang out under and I will typically flood under the largest one every morning to give them a little more coolness - that and lots of water to drink.

Back
Top Bottom