Need feed advice!

Chickening101

Chirping
Apr 20, 2017
Los Angeles CA
Hi, all!
Looking at chicken feeds.
Scratch and Peck looks good, because I prefer Organic and non GMO feeds.
Anyone have an experiences using Scratch and Peck?
Also, is soy free and corn free feed good? (Scratch and peck is)

Thanks!

https://www.scratchandpeck.com/
SO WE ALL CAN MAKE A DISCISSION ON USING THIS FEED
It basically is in the North Eastern Washington State.
So if their feed is what you choose to feed do so.
Most of us use good type of commercial laying 16 to18% layer feed.
Certified Organic | Non-GMO Project Verified | Soy Free | Raw | Whole Grain

We manufacture Certified Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified chicken feed (also good for ducks), turkey feed, pig feed, goat feed, and more! All of our feeds are soy free, while our Naturally Free Organic line of products are also corn free. Our feeds are completely raw with our limited processing technique. We source grains organically grown and we mill to order in the Pacific Northwest. When you use our feed, you can rest assured that you are protecting your animals, your family and your health, because “you are what your animals eat!”

As a family business, we are happy to be helping backyard chicken farmers, and other home livestock producers, to make honest and true choices about where their food comes from. Raising your own chickens for quality eggs and meat gives you a direct connection to your food that is both profound and fun. Feeding your livestock Certified Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified feeds supports the healthy lifestyle that more and more families are working towards
FIND A RETAILER NEAR OU

Enter your Zip Code or City and State, select your search radius, then click “Search”.

Your location
Search radius
100 mi
  • 10 mi
  • 25 mi
  • 50 mi
  • 100 mi
  • 200 mi
  • 500 mi
  • 1000 mi
  • 3000 mi
Results
1419 N State St, Bellingham, WA 98225

https://www.scratchandpeck.com/
SO WE ALL CAN MAKE A DISCISSION ON USING THIS FEED
It basically is in the North Eastern Washington State.
So if their feed is what you choose to feed do so.
Most of us use good type of commercial laying 16 to18% layer feed.
Certified Organic | Non-GMO Project Verified | Soy Free | Raw | Whole Grain

We manufacture Certified Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified chicken feed (also good for ducks), turkey feed, pig feed, goat feed, and more! All of our feeds are soy free, while our Naturally Free Organic line of products are also corn free. Our feeds are completely raw with our limited processing technique. We source grains organically grown and we mill to order in the Pacific Northwest. When you use our feed, you can rest assured that you are protecting your animals, your family and your health, because “you are what your animals eat!”

As a family business, we are happy to be helping backyard chicken farmers, and other home livestock producers, to make honest and true choices about where their food comes from. Raising your own chickens for quality eggs and meat gives you a direct connection to your food that is both profound and fun. Feeding your livestock Certified Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified feeds supports the healthy lifestyle that more and more families are working towards
FIND A RETAILER NEAR OU

Enter your Zip Code or City and State, select your search radius, then click “Search”.

Your location
Search radius
100 mi
  • 10 mi
  • 25 mi
  • 50 mi
  • 100 mi
  • 200 mi
  • 500 mi
  • 1000 mi
  • 3000 mi
Results
1419 N State St, Bellingham, WA 98225
Thanks!

I use Scratch and Peck and I've been very happy with it. It includes fish meal as a protein source which is one of the reasons I chose it. I ferment it for 24 hours prior to feeding it and my birds have beautiful shiny feathers and are doing really well on the feed. Customer service is excellent too.

I use Scratch and Peck and I've been very happy with it. It includes fish meal as a protein source which is one of the reasons I chose it. I ferment it for 24 hours prior to feeding it and my birds have beautiful shiny feathers and are doing really well on the feed. Customer service is excellent too.
Wow. Thanks! That's good to know.

I used Scratch and Peck with my last chickens before I moved, and plan on using it again with my new ones hatching in July. I was very happy with it and how my hens did on it.

I use Scratch & Peck grower (which I ferment) and Payback layer pellets for the feeder. Used to do S&P in the feeder too but there was too much waste as they were billing it out of the feeder and ignoring the dry fines completely. As a ferment there is far less waste and they happily eat it all without picking out unwanted bits.

I use Scratch & Peck grower (which I ferment) and Payback layer pellets for the feeder. Used to do S&P in the feeder too but there was too much waste as they were billing it out of the feeder and ignoring the dry fines completely. As a ferment there is far less waste and they happily eat it all without picking out unwanted bits.

I agree with this. There are a lot of fines that don't necessarily get eaten when fed dry. My birds also don't like the peas dry but will eat them when they are fermented. To get the full benefit of the feed it's probably better given moist (either fermented or just mixed with a little water) so the fines stick to the grains.

Back
Top Bottom