NEED FEED BACK: Rough Draft of Egg Carton Label

GreggsEggs

Cooped Up
12 Years
Aug 31, 2007
Caneyville, KY
I am working toward expanding my local egg selling venture. I currently have 26 hens, who lay as many as 2 dozen eggs a day. Which I sell most of, in town on Saturdays. I have sold as many as 17 dozen in an hour. The demand for fresh brown "country"eggs is far greater than what I can currently meet. So my thought is,........Expand!

I am currently building a coop and run (tread in coop design forum) to house as many as 150 hens and 15 roos.

I will in addition to eggs, begin selling pullets, cockerels, and roasters(when egg production slows or stops), as soon the coop is done and the additional chickens are purchased and begin laying.

I am also working on Drawing up a Logo and Label of my blank egg cartons. Here is what I have so far......
EggLogoLabel.gif

The Gregg's Eggs is a little fuzzy right now I will clean it up, that will pretty much be the logo. The rest of text pretty much says what I'd like it to say but font and style are not locked in yet. I'd like to keep it simple and to the point, but a little color and pizzazz, might be nice?

PLEASE, GIVE ME YOUR FEED BACK, GOOD OR BAD

Looks good, you might rethink the "free" word after cage, imediately made me start thinking whats free the eggs or the cage. I know what you meant but your dealing with the "public " here. No biggie though ! good luck I love free enterprise and capitalism, The "Americauna" way
big_smile.png

It looks great. The only thing that I thought about was the cage free. Trying to place myself in an outsider's point of view. They are possibly going to assume that they are not "caged" up at all. We all know know what you mean. The public might not.

Thank you for the feed back so far.

I've seen cartons in the store, that had "cage free" printed on them. So I thought I would do it too? But you guys might be right, I/we know what that means but will many others? Then again in my little one horse town, people know their eggs and chickens. Hmmm? Something to ponder. Thank you again for the feed back.

Rafter 7 Paint Horses wrote: How big is your label going to be?

I get blank recycled pulp cartons, I am thinking of it centered covering 2/3 or close to the entire lid. It will depend on what size labels I can find at Staples or Office Depot. Great suggestion!​

Great suggestion!

Thank you.

I can just imagine "some people" thinking....I didn't know they kept eggs in a cage!!!!!!!!! ( farm fresh, cage free, brown country eggs.)
It's amazing what responses I get from people.

Someone asked me what time my eggs were delivered, when I told her I was sold out for the day.

Jean​

It's amazing what responses I get from people.

I had a sign out in front of my table at my local flea market. It read," Fresh Eggs".
An older guy, probably in his 70's came up to me and asked," Do they come in pints or quarts?"
I quickly answered, "No, they come in dozens sometimes in 18ers."
I later found out that back in the old days moon shiners would put out "Fresh Egg" signs advertising a batch of moon shine.

I thought that was funny though.​

Back
Top Bottom