Need fencing ideas to hold dog

black_cat

♥♥Lover of Leghorns♥♥
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
My family is considering a golden retriever puppy (this is NOT an impulse buy- we are all experienced with dogs and have had goldens before), but our biggest obstacle is fencing. Our yard is partially fenced, but is very difficult to fence completely, so I am looking for ideas for what kind of fencing may work.
Our yard is set up like this:
1614722924821.png

The purple part is fenced with a solid wood fence.
The orange has some floppy welded wire and T posts put up either by the neighbors behind us or the house's previous owners.
The large box (not the one labeled porch) is the chicken coop.
Everything else is unfenced. The grey blobs are rocks, which is the big problem with fencing. In the top right corner, there is a 'cliff' (pretty steep, rocky hill) leading down to the neighboring property. The part behind the large rock wall is completely ungroomed, with random rocks, trees, and covered with leaves. This is also a fairly steep hill, with the higher part being toward the right. A hill, sloping toward the house/bottom, beghins at roughly the red line.
The rocks in the middle show the giant rocks that separate the top and bottom sections of the yard.
What kind of fencing do people recommend?

I guess that many will think that they're boulders... I'll get some pics tomorrow, because I have something that will hold me until it's too dark.

That will certainly help.
Living in the Rocky Mountains you say big rocks and I picture a goat paradise with boulders to hop on.

Back
Top Bottom