1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need gender help on these three

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by polishcourt, Sep 26, 2014.

1. polishcourt

polishcourt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2014
    Bigfoot Texas
    Gender guess please first one is 18 weeks old no sign of crow or laying the next two are 6 weeks old so may be early but if you have a guess please share thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. polishcourt

Mar 6, 2014
    Bigfoot Texas
    [​IMG]

3. polishcourt

Mar 6, 2014
    Bigfoot Texas
    Any guess helpful I'm just very curious don't mind either way

4. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    I'm guessing you know the breeds? The first one looks like a pullet at 18 weeks...not looking ready to lay any time soon though...I had a few that waited 30 weeks to lay, so just be patient ;)

The polish looks kindof rooish to me. I don't keep a lot of polish. I have had bad luck with them getting picked off by predators, but everyone seems to say that the girls tend to keep their doos more neat and tidy (like a nice round cotton ball or bee hive hair doo) while the boys tend to rock the punk doo.

Not so sure about the stripy guys...do you have breeds for those? I am leaning towards pullet.

5. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    All pullets

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by