Need help ,2 week old chick

littlegip

Songster
10 Years
Jun 7, 2009
Romulus Michigan
hello , i'm in need of some help ..we got 4 baby chiccks last Sat and today we saw one of the having bloody poop ,we have seperated her ,but not sure whats wrong ,any help you all could give would be great ..thanks so much ..tryed giving yogurt but she won't eat it .

That can be a symptom of coccidiosis, are there other symptoms, other ways this chick is acting ill? Lethargy, lack of appetite, puffed feathers/fluff? When I find bloody poops from my chicks I give them a liquid medicine called Sulmet. It should be available at your feed store. There are directions on the bottle, you give a certain amount for 2 days, then half that strength for 4 more days. You put it in their drinking water. I'd give it to all the chicks, let them all drink medicated water. Once that sick chick begins to feel/act better you can put her back with her friends.

Get well soon, chickie!

thanks going to feed store now , she is not eating or drinking ,not sure how to get her to take the meds ,she won't eat or drink
sad.png

Sadly, there are a lot of things than can adversely affect chicks, cocci is just one of them. Hopefully you can get her to begin to eat & drink again. But there's a real chance that she never was healthy enough from the start, and that this is as long as she's going to last, no matter what you do. It's always worth a try, & I wish you success.

Hens lay more eggs than they need to have hatch, more chicks hatch than are needed to grow into adulthood, it's just nature's way.
hmm.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom