Need help and info please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Gumpwhite, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Gumpwhite

Gumpwhite Chillin' With My Peeps

Im in my phone so the only picture ii can supply is the one in my avatar box.. I need help.. I can not find out what it is.. I have a rooster and a hen. I want more hens of this breed. Ty in advance

2. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

could be bout anything other then a leghorn lol..is he solid black?is that a rose comb? what color legs?,,, wowz,,can u get a side shot? lol

3. Gumpwhite

He has green and purple color in his feathers when the sun hits him. With greyish legs .. his comb looks like a crown.. im uploading another pic to my facebook page soon so I can post a url to me he looks like a black australorp? The guy I got him from said they are a japanese breed.... oh and they both have this Mohawk like thing on they head..lol

4. the1much

i was gonna say black astro too,,specially now that u said purple n green.. how tall is he? and wut age. sounds like dude was tellin u they were silkies,, but they not

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  5. Gumpwhite

I have silkies.. lol.. he's just about as big as a silkie rooster.. maybe a half a inch taller. The hen lays eggs that are about the same size as silkie eggs as well. The eggs are brown. But he was letting her mate with a rir so I will have to wait a while to see what color eggs she really lays. Im un sure of the age.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  6. Gumpwhite

7. the1much

what she mates with doesnt determin her egg color,,she does. id say u got a cross between a B.A. and a silkie lol,, without the silkie feathers. i will go n look at other pics now.

8. the1much

it wont let me go to that page, says need permission or its expired.

9. Gumpwhite

I will try and get better pics my friend. Don't know why its being a but right now.

10. the1much

cuz u want it to work,,if u didnt care it would work,,,law of hippie, every want cuzez a action,,,, lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by