NEED HELP ASAP button quail flew away

Do you have them treat trained at all? Are there any noises they associate with food? You could try doing that to get him to come closer. I know with chickens if you throw a towel over them, it will incapacitate them if you can get it over their head. It's probably best not to try this if they're in the water, but it may help if they're on land. Hopefully you can get him back!

Wow.

I didn't know this. I like the towel idea, and it will help me also for other things.

I would also suggest trying to go with treat training luring attempts if its possible.

And I would be careful about self injuries to yourself in going after them while upset.

Sad update I got back to the lake with his mate and found him by the store life less completely dead I am so sad I feel like I could of avoided it
Oh no! I'm so sorry! Don't beat yourself up, these things happen. In the future you'll most likely be more careful about escapees. I'm so sorry that we didn't get to help you sooner as well!

So...if you want to try again, the life cycle and egg production of coturnix quail (and jump coturnix) is supposed to be more efficient for putting meat and eggs on the table than the other types of quail.

I am sorry to say that when you are feeling down however.

But I would not let yourself give up or not recover from this. You want to get back in there and not let this loss stop you from seeing how beautiful self sufficiency is, and living compatible with the world God made. Including how animals in agriculture help your life feel more balanced, and can reduce your adversity with their power.

Wow.

I didn't know this. I like the towel idea, and it will help me also for other things.

I would also suggest trying to go with treat training luring attempts if its possible.

And I would be careful about self injuries to yourself in going after them while upset.
The towel isn't foolproof, but imagine if a giant just came and through a giant towel over your head suddenly- I know I'd be incapacitated, and by the time I could do anything I'd probably get picked up!

Back
Top Bottom