Need help ASAP duckling stuck

Pics

AAcres

Songster
Apr 18, 2019
Northern Ontario Canada
I have my last egg sitting in the incubator. I’ve had a lot of issues with this hatch 25 eggs and only 8 so far survived.
Anyway, let me tell you about this duckling.
the duckling internally pipped days ago (probably Monday or Tuesday). I candled it Tuesday and noticed it was gasping inside the egg. So I made a safety hole and put it back in the incubator. I let 24 hours pass and nothing happened. It was wriggling around and peeping so I made the hole a bit bigger. Since then no attempts at getting out. I’ve been watching the veins go away and today I made the hole a bit bigger but now The membrane is drying out. The duckling is alive and peeping but cannot open its one eye.
How can I help it?? My humidity is high right now, in the high 80s as I read an article saying to up it if you’re helping the duckling.
Should I now try and take it out of its shell?

I have my last egg sitting in the incubator. I’ve had a lot of issues with this hatch 25 eggs and only 8 so far survived.
Anyway, let me tell you about this duckling.
the duckling internally pipped days ago (probably Monday or Tuesday). I candled it Tuesday and noticed it was gasping inside the egg. So I made a safety hole and put it back in the incubator. I let 24 hours pass and nothing happened. It was wriggling around and peeping so I made the hole a bit bigger. Since then no attempts at getting out. I’ve been watching the veins go away and today I made the hole a bit bigger but now The membrane is drying out. The duckling is alive and peeping but cannot open its one eye.
How can I help it?? My humidity is high right now, in the high 80s as I read an article saying to up it if you’re helping the duckling.
Should I now try and take it out of its shell?
Can I see a picture? Are all of the veins gone? Can you rub some oil on the membrane?

Can I see a picture? Are all of the veins gone? Can you rub some oil on the membrane?
Here is a picture and I have coconut oil I can rub on the membrane.
the veins might be gone? I’ll look. 9FEA32F5-7E80-414A-B14D-E9FA2F6F82D2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom