Need help!! Can't get watery neon green and yellow poop to stop

I want to be clear that all hens can have reproductive issues, even ones from heritage lines/good reputable breeders, however, with hatchery stock, you can almost guarantee you will experience that in your flock. Good heritage lines seem far less prone to it and even the hatchery birds who are not the most common egg laying breeds folks get on chick days are better choices if you want to avoid those issues. At least, that is my personal take on it from my own experience so far.

Well I took Sophie to the vet and it looks like she might have a liver/kidney issue. She is doing well but just very thin. She loves to free range and eat bugs but I can not get her to eat any chicken food. Also won't eat anything wet like yogurt, oatmeal or fruit. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can feed her to get weight on her??? I leave chick starter in your cage and she won't touch it. Vet said give her vitamin B which I can get down her along with some nutri-drench. She will take one bite out of a hrd boiled egg. So exasperating!!! I would appreciate ANY ideas! Thank you!

I take a tablespoon and put in a bottom up a cup. Add warm water a little at a time until you get the consistency you like. When she is eating well you can also sprinkle it dry on her food. You want it like oatmeal if you are using a syringe, thicker like peanut butter if you are spoon feeding.

Thank you!! I read the instructions and also went on the website and just felt so nervous about feeding it to her. The "crop- slow down" and " burning the crop" kind of scared me. How often do you give it to them? She eats when she goes outside and free ranges but she won't eat anything she used to like egg,oatmeal,yogurt and fruit. She will not eat any chicken food so I am just curious as to how often I should give this to her. Thank you so much I just hate that her weight just keeps dropping.

Yes my birds get wormed every 6 months. The vet tested her Friday and she was parasite free. We think I am dealing with some kind of liver/ kidney issue.

Back
Top Bottom