Need Help!!! Cant hatch eggs :(

Last edited:
The Hovabator is a good choice and it sounds like things will go well. As for temp try lowering humidity and keeping the heat the same, but as I am not an expert I'd do more research if I were you.

Thanks for the info!

I just ordered a new hova bator 1602n with turner. I've also purchased a new thermometer at wally world.
Lastly, I ordered a few silkie eggs from this site and hope to put it all together next week!!

Now I'm trying to figure out humidity and temperature for the new incubator. Seems everything I read has a different opinion.
I am starting to wonder if this changes with venue? I seem to use more humidity than I see recommended by most. I ran my first batch at around 50-55 until lock-down and then 60-65%. 6/8 eggs hatched. one loss to bacteria and one unknown.
I live in Missouri but I have AC running in the house at about 78. My humidity was sometimes even higher.
When I first got the gauge it was too high so I didn't add water for the last 3 days before lock-down and then added sponge on day 18.
My babies went to lay on the sponge after born. LOL
I would suggest checking with chick mom's near you.

I've never had much good luck from ebay eggs unless they were close enough to just pick them up from the seller. I've had very good success shipping from McMurry Hatchery but they are the next state over and I'm able to receive them the next day that they're shipped. I would try craigs list. A lot of the people that sell the "organic eggs" may have a rooster in their flock and actually may be able to tell you if the eggs might possibly be fertile too.

Back
Top Bottom