Need Help, Chicken Has Limp Neck!

hlf1996

Songster
8 Years
Mar 24, 2011
California
I went out today to see all the chickens and I couldnt find my D'Uccle. I went into the coop and she was lying on the coop floor, At first I thought she was dead but when I picked her up she made noises and was looking at me. Her neck is limp and she can lift it a little but not very much. She was fine yesterday. Please help!

Any evidence of a struggle? I had a young pullet "murdered" by the older hens -- they broke her neck. (She had been ill, evidently they sensed the weakness and attacked her... there were feathers all around, no blood though. She died an hour after I found her. It broke my heart.)

If she is not too young... Roosters can also break the neck of a hen when they grab them to mate. Rape by rooster. I have also lost one hen to a broken neck by a rough rooster rapist... got rid of him immediately. There is no evidence of violence when it's a rooster rape.

If her neck is broken she shouldn't last long. I'm sorry. I don't know what else it could be.... someone else may have other, better ideas.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom