NEED HELP CHICKEN MAY BE DYING

Wanted to let everyone know that I’ve drain some fluid from my hen and left the needle in her and took the syringe out. The needle was in her about an hour until the fluid stopped. I gave her a tum and now waiting to see how she will do in the next few hours. She very weak and I’ve tried giving her food and water but she won’t bother to get it. She lays on her side with her eyes close and that’s all she does. Her comb is like a bluish color and she can’t walk at all. I have tried to force to give her food or drink,but she has swallowed maybe 6 times but won’t swallow anything else. I’m so worried about her.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    572.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Wanted to let everyone know that I’ve drain some fluid from my hen and left the needle in her and took the syringe out. The needle was in her about an hour until the fluid stopped. I gave her a tum and now waiting to see how she will do in the next few hours. She very weak and I’ve tried giving her food and water but she won’t bother to get it. She lays on her side with her eyes close and that’s all she does. Her comb is like a bluish color and she can’t walk at all. I have tried to force to give her food or drink,but she has swallowed maybe 6 times but won’t swallow anything else. I’m so worried about her.
Sorry she is still not doing well, sounds like you have done everything you can at home, but maybe she is having a heart issue or other internal issue that is causing the fluid to build up

Should I put a heat lamp over her to make her comfortable? I’m trying to keep her hydrated as well.
Sadly, I think she is past the point of being able to hydrate orally. A heating pad set to low, and covering her with a towel might be better than a lamp.

Back
Top Bottom