Need help designing an irregular-shaped covered run

Pics
You could jack it up and slide it via a couple of sturdy ramps. I don't think rolling it on logs would work. Maybe you can rent those metal ramps with the rollers built in them.

Unless the ground is too soft, it will work. I've moved my 8x10 wood shed uphill using that method. I used a tractor to pull, but could have used a come-along as well. I've moved my 8'x20' shipping container on level ground that way.

I love the ventilation on that coop
Thanks! I read a lot about ventilation before building it. All four walls are open at the top.
IMG_9511.jpg

IMG_9514.jpg

I'm optimistic that the inspector will give you a variance
I'm hoping he'll agree that it's not a problem until somebody turns it into a problem, and will let it go... The way the town is apparently closing its eyes to so many other border-adjacent coops because nobody is actually complaining... If that's not an option, my next hope is to apply for a variance IF there already is a survey plot plan for this property. And if there is not, I guess I'll have to look into moving the coop. The survey fee of $750 is way too much at this point, I'd rather hire somebody to move it.

I'm hoping he'll agree that it's not a problem until somebody turns it into a problem, and will let it go... The way the town is apparently closing its eyes to so many other border-adjacent coops because nobody is actually complaining... If that's not an option, my next hope is to apply for a variance IF there already is a survey plot plan for this property. And if there is not, I guess I'll have to look into moving the coop. The survey fee of $750 is way too much at this point, I'd rather hire somebody to move it.

You can go to the county courthouse and pull your deed. There may be a survey map referenced by the deed. But if not it should have a lot description that you can measure out and flag yourself.

MA probably has your deed online. Here's the register of deeds website for Suffolk county. I don't know what yours is, but just enter it into the URL if not Suffolk

https://masslandrecords.com/suffolk/
Oh this is a great resource! They don't seem to have a lot of stuff up yet though. Latest records showing for my property are from 15 years ago with the previous owner, and no plans. Oh well. The inspector said he'd look for any survey plans already in existence though. So if they exist, he should know where they are (and spare me the search 😁 ). Anxiously awaiting his call today.

Oh this is a great resource! They don't seem to have a lot of stuff up yet though. Latest records showing for my property are from 15 years ago with the previous owner, and no plans. Oh well. The inspector said he'd look for any survey plans already in existence though. So if they exist, he should know where they are (and spare me the search 😁 ). Anxiously awaiting his call today.

Does it have property deeds? Your purchase should be listed under Grantee

Back
Top Bottom