Need Help Designing Copp

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by BlueLagoonRabbitry, Jun 10, 2009.

1. BlueLagoonRabbitry

BlueLagoonRabbitry Songster

Jan 17, 2009
    Western Iowa
    I need someone to help me design a coop.

2. SimplyForties

SimplyForties Songster

May 4, 2009
    Carroll County, Va
    Have you been through all the posts here? There are lots of good ones! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  3. BlueLagoonRabbitry

BlueLagoonRabbitry Songster

Jan 17, 2009
    Western Iowa
    Looked all over cant find any thing to help me

4. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    why dont you draw a sketch of what u kind of want it to look like and how big and we can help from there [​IMG]

5. Boondachs

Boondachs Songster

Mar 23, 2009
    Calvert County, MD
    give us the basics...how many chickens? sizes, breeds and ages. size of planed area you want to use. Any materials you allready have. etc..

6. kagedgoddess

kagedgoddess Songster

May 11, 2009
    virginia
    purina has a free coop plan on its website i just searched purina coop and found it. i m building it right now and i ve never built anything before. it says it fits 8 standard size chickens. i have had to ask quite a few questions, like "what size nails do i need?" and how on earth do i attach the metal roof? ... and my dh sits there and laughs at me, but i m doing it! also i know o the virginia extension office's website they have free plans for a larger coop, their plans are pretty detailed looking. its hard to find free plans that are really plans and unfortunatly i have erased all my bookmarked ones now that i have a plan... i believe there is another detailed free plan at diy.com (do it yourself) have fun!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: