Need help fast - duck attacked

Your going to need to clip the feathers away from the wounds so when the wounds start closing the feathers aren't caught. The deep wounds.
Bless her heart what are you doing for her eye?
I clipped them away from the head wound which is the deep wound. The eye was sort of popped, I'm rinsing with colloidal silver and putting erythromyin opthalmic antbx on it.

She is still alive. Her neck control is improving, her head no longer falls when we pick her up to move her to the bath. Main concern at this point is she is eating so very minimally.

The breeder I got her from said she has a small Cayuga hen with a deformity she will give me for free to keep this one company if she survives.

Attachments

• 411576651_2320441098145764_4226252341483755581_n.jpg
    411576651_2320441098145764_4226252341483755581_n.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 3
Is she drinking? if so you might make her feed into a soupy concoction sometimes they will drink before they begin to eat.
Great news she is improving.
Next option would be to tube feed her we have info on how so let us know.

Is she drinking? if so you might make her feed into a soupy concoction sometimes they will drink before they begin to eat.
Great news she is improving.
Next option would be to tube feed her we have info on how so let us know.
Yes she drinks. So the only things she has eaten since being injured are liquid - raw eggs, watermelon puree, apple puree, the liquid sweet peas came in and maybe a few little chunks. She only has a little, she prefers water. Not sure at what point I should tube feed?

If she'll drink some soupy feed that would be good and add some poultry cell to it for some added help. One thing is when they are injured or sick they lose their appetite and the nutrients they need so much to help them recover so if she doesn't begin to eat the next day or 2 I'd seriously think about tube feeding her. It isn't that hard and can really help them gain back strength and health. It might take you a day or more to gather the things you will need to do this. I had to order online since there isn't any place around here that sells much of anything. But I had to learn the hard way it's better to have everything already than wait until you need it I lost a Runner becasue of it. Then when I had another that needed tube fed I was prepared.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/tube-feeding-ducks-updated-5-7-2020.1211994/

If she'll drink some soupy feed that would be good and add some poultry cell to it for some added help. One thing is when they are injured or sick they lose their appetite and the nutrients they need so much to help them recover so if she doesn't begin to eat the next day or 2 I'd seriously think about tube feeding her. It isn't that hard and can really help them gain back strength and health. It might take you a day or more to gather the things you will need to do this. I had to order online since there isn't any place around here that sells much of anything. But I had to learn the hard way it's better to have everything already than wait until you need it I lost a Runner becasue of it. Then when I had another that needed tube fed I was prepared.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/tube-feeding-ducks-updated-5-7-2020.1211994/
Okay I watched the video, I can do that. But what do I call the syringe and tube? I'm looking on Tractor Supply and can't find it- not sure what other kinds of stores would carry?

Okay y'all would be very proud of me I ran to Agway, got a kit and some expensive mash, put it in the blender with warm water and tube fed her. My husband "helped" but didn't know to hold the tube onto the syringe while pushing so I was wearing half of it. But it's done.

Back
Top Bottom