Need help FAST or I'm fired!!! UPDATE

holliewould

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2008
Planet Earth
I prolly won't get fired, but I will be punished by having my boss toss off a guinea hen to me. His ex-lover tossed a hen on his property and she's the only bird there. He's wanting to put up an automated feeder for her and get her some friends. He needs guinea friends for her in Ocala. What a doof. Apparently she's super friendly and rides around on the tractor with him and such. She really likes him in a fowl kind of way. Anyway, he doesn't know if she lays eggs or what. Does she need a nest somewhere special? I'm on my way to do some research for him but thought I should hit you guys up in the mean time. Anything we can get from ya is appreciated. Thanks guys
smile.png

Last edited:
gig.gif
Guinea's do fly - she should have some buddies - mine fly all over, they're still babies, but you really KNOW you own guinea's when there is POOP on the roof.
hmm.png

She'll probably be fine with the chickens, not sure on the wing clipping. (perhaps start a new thread with that in the subject line)

I don't mind mine flying around at all, so never bothered with wing clipping.
big_smile.png

Quote:
One day I will have that option. And I cannot wait until then. Until then comes, they are stuck in a fenced in yard. I feel bad they are in a backyard instead of a meadow all day. My fence is 6ft though and they aren't confined to a run. Unfortunately my fat standards have to be clipped. They used to just jump over the fence it seemed. Since clipping they seem to have learned not to even bother anymore. Would that work with a guinea? Thanks for the help
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom