Need help finding/making a baby chick feeder

WOW that is way over reacting

I was just applauding your efforts. 🏆
Oh come on?! Do you really believe people see it that way?

Sorry this thread went off the rails,
Well at least you apologized for your misdeeds.

I could say that you were being "rude" by dragging my suggestion through the dirt instead of just posting your DIY option without tagging my post at all.
What? Um it didn't read like that to me. Not one bit.

I was just applauding your efforts. 🏆
Not buying that. You are just flat out being rude.

I could say that you were being "rude" by dragging my suggestion through the dirt instead of just posting your DIY option without tagging my post at all. 🤷‍♀️
I was directly referencing you to not be all round about and to let you know. That is not dragging anything or anyone through the "dirt". You are just upset that what I am saying is a valid point.

Anyway I made my point.

without tagging my post at all.
You could now, ignore and not engage anymore or reply again. I won't be responding. A lack of response is not a lack of ability to rebuttal just a conscious decision to ignore.

GOODBYE.

Not buying that. You are just flat out being rude.

I was directly referencing you to not be all round about and to let you know. That is not dragging anything or anyone through the "dirt". You are just upset that what I am saying is a valid point.

Anyway I made my point.

You could now, ignore and not engage anymore or reply again. I won't be responding. A lack of response is not a lack of ability to rebuttal just a conscious decision to ignore.

GOODBYE.
You did nothing wrong in my eyes. Ya just gave good information.

Good grief. It was a joke! I wasn't trying to be "rude". I felt as though it was unnecessary to tag me in the post after my original comment - I guess I misinterpreted the intention (it just felt like a "that suggestion is 💩, here's a way better one" type of thing). It's great there's a cheaper, DIY alternative. Hopefully OP can make use of it. I admit, my sarcasm may have been uncalled for, but can we DIY a sense of humor up in here? 🫣

I apologize.

More on the feeder from my above comment.

I buy these from tractor supply. They come apart for easy cleaning.

2106331.jpg

and get my empty Miracle Whip plastic jars and fill them up. You can or could have filled several and all they would have to do is change over the tray.

Get the lid and cut out the center.

View attachment 3604465

Screw in the jar first and set the lid inside, to get the proper depth and keep level. Glue to feeder lid.

View attachment 3604466

Cut top part of another jar. Cut more than needed, to start.

View attachment 3604468 View attachment 3604494

Trim down to a level you want the feed to be at. Mine is just over three nickels stacked.

View attachment 3604471

Hang using chain and a snap hook. Makes it easy to adjust the height as they grow. Hanging also keeps them from knocking it over.

View attachment 3604472

No need to get fancy with the hanger.

View attachment 3604473

Expandable for more capacity. Use a 3 in. x 24 in. PVC Sch. 40 Pipe. Cut the bottom off to the first ridge and cut as clean as you can. Save bottom.

View attachment 3604476

Expandable. If need more capacity but height is an issue, you can alway use a 3" x 4" PVC reducer and add 4" pipe instead (No picture of it done).

View attachment 3604477
61t+8loj1kL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Secure using small screws. Preferably stainless. Mark pipe and seam for aligning for reassembly or after cleaning. Use tape, around the jar and PVC, to make a seal, if used outside.

View attachment 3604478 View attachment 3604479

Take bottom and screw one side to top of pipe. Remove and cut slits 1 in to either side of screw hole.

View attachment 3604480 View attachment 3604481 View attachment 3604482

Screw the other side. Cut an 7 shaped slot up to the hole. Use as latch. Hang same way except drill the holes in the PVC not the lid.

View attachment 3604483 View attachment 3604484 View attachment 3604485 View attachment 3604486

Examples.

View attachment 3604563 View attachment 3604561 View attachment 3604562

Give it a sombrero/umbrella, for the rainy days, if used outside.

View attachment 3604493

Anymore details needed, just ask.
Let me know if this is useful to you. TY
First time owning chickens, well about to. Found this site and seeing this I had had to make an account, just to say Thank you! This and the other large DIY feeder you posted, are awesome. Gonna save some mula. You said something about making them with bigger pipe? Says no pic but could you? TY

Just cut a 2 liter soda bottle along the bottom and fold it in. Poke two holes and use a piece of string to fold it in most of the way and secure it there. Took me a dollar and two minutes to make a gravity feeder for my first chicks

Additionally, while it may be cheaper to DIY, not everyone wants to do that (I sure as heck don't).

I was only giving a suggestion based on what the OP is looking for
Taps on shoulder, and points up to title.

ScreenHunter 0373 2023-08-10 20.58.jpg

Most people would say that is DIY. LOL

Look, I'm not saying you were wrong for posting your feedback, but you really should apologize to the person DIRECTLY and without all the trying to justify it at the same time. Otherwise that just defeats and nullifies apologizing.

Plus their stuff was real on point.

If that you in the profile pic, love the spunky look on your face.

Tata for now.

Back
Top Bottom