Need help finding some birds

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by BKPUCKETT, Sep 28, 2012.

1. BKPUCKETT

BKPUCKETT Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2012
    Dodson Branch TN
    I am interested in some show quality White Bearded Silkies, Wheaten Old English, Dark Cornish and Dutch Bantams. If you breed or you know someone please help me.
    Thank you BKPuckett

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

There are breed-specific threads on here where the breeders hang out sometimes...it would be called "the silkie thread" etc. You might try there.

I personally have hatched chicks from kelar on BYC and LOVED them (silkies). Very large crests.

3. Big A Chickens

Big A Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Palmetto, Georgia
    x2

4. Lemonpie

Lemonpie Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2012
    My uncle has these chickens

Pros
    Docile
    Calm
    Easy to handle
    Character

Cons
    Small eggs
    Weight( my uncles are huge)
    Broody
    Don't start laying till about 30 wks
    Some are lazy

My uncles ones are Charlotte( White) Bethany ( black who is lazy) Felicty ( Black )
    The other day I collected three eggs they are a size of a Cadbury creme egg I found one and I couldn't find the other it was under Felicty. Felicty let me have but I checked under her and I found another 2

Felicty was younger than the others while they were 20 weeks she was only 14 weeks she had 2 others friends Elizabeth and Daphney but Daphney died of sickness and Elizabeth killed by our neighbours dog as our family live 20 meters apart our . Grandpa and Granny lives behind us and my uncle lives down the hill of the state park.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by