Need help for Alfred!

Sami's Mommy

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
Iowa
As many of you know I bought 2 ducklings last Sunday and we moved yesterday. Well I guess the strain got to one of them because she was dead this morning. That leaves me with just Alfred, a 7-8 day old baby duckling all by himself. What can I do for him to make him happier? I'm going to call tsc and theisons sp? And find out who has babies and get him a friend, but first I need to be sure he is going to be okay.
Here is a video of him and photos before and after the video

Bah! Nowhere within an hour of here has any baby ducklings! On has 2 week old pekins but they are 1.5 hours away! And wouldn't 2 week pekins be too big for my little guy?

Also just in relation to before, he is starting to act more like himself, Bentlee, my shorkie pup is helping him calm down

What a sweet baby! Is he calling for you or his lost friend? I raised a single duckling when her sister died but I don't recommend it for people who arent home all the time. If you can find Alfred a friend that would probably be a good idea.

I would play with him a lot doesn't feel lonely until you can find one. If he's 8 days old, a 2 week could work, but it's hard to tell especially since pekins grow so fast

Well I can't get down to the pekins anyway and I would have to buy two. I'm looking on Craigslist. Will he be okay for a day or two? My friend brought over a toy stuffed duck for him, but he's crying for me. Although my friend is good enough I guess too. I just hope he is okay

Runners pekins or rouens? Had to pick one, which is the calmest, quietest and friendliest?
I'm so sorry to hear you lost one of your ducklings, because your ducks are SA I beleive they get pretty heafty I'd go with one thatds going to be closer to it's size when adult, so Runner would be out in my opinon,

Okay, which of the rouens or pekins would be better for my circumstances? It can't be too loud since we live in town and needs to be friendly since we have a daycare. Also needs to put up with little Alfred's need to try to eat everything

Okay, which of the rouens or pekins would be better for my circumstances? It can't be too loud since we live in town and needs to be friendly since we have a daycare. Also needs to put up with little Alfred's need to try to eat everything
Pekins especially feamles are pretty loud, not sure about Rouens but my bet would be Rouens if you can find one. and they will just nibble each other,.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom