need help for chicks ASAP, can't walk or stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear, oh dear! I'm so sorry!
sad.png

My first suspicion would be the food - does it smell fresh and good, not moldy or musty?
I might even pick up a bag of food from a different source than where you got the last and try that. Good luck - what a terrible thing.

Just wondering if the chicks were exposed to something at the post office when they were shipped...maybe fumes from fresh paint ???

Quote:
All the chicks were vaccinated for both mareks, and Coccidiosis.

If they were exposed to fumes at the PO would it just be taking effect now, over 2 weeks later?

mareks vaccines can fail... Call McMurry and report this.
just a side thought: are you using med starter? (you should not with the vaccination)

Quote:
All the chicks were vaccinated for both mareks, and Coccidiosis.

If they were exposed to fumes at the PO would it just be taking effect now, over 2 weeks later?

According to the vaccine manufacturer, the vaccine takes 7 days to be effective. At least that is what it is for the vaccine I give mine. I called Fort Dodge and asked them recently.

* This may be a long shot, I know nothing about chicks-- but what about Teflon fumes?? I know they are poisonous to parrotoids; Maybe chicks, too???

Quote:
No I'm not using the med starter. Just normal chick starter, I make sure everytime I buy it.

Good Heavens!!! Get them off the electrolytes, NOW. Electrolytes & vitamins combos should only be used during times of illness or stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom