need help for chicks ASAP, can't walk or stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 7 out of 26 left from mmh. im so sorry but after recent losses, its best not to order there. I know someone is going to tell me it's not their fault, but mine are the same. Ill videotape the sick ones. Something is making them so sick. No cure. I've tried EVERYTHING and I've been having to just kill them after it gets so bad. My favorite chick is dying because of whatever this is. Again, I am so sorry.
hugs.gif

Edited to add- Its not merecks, guys. This isn't contagious. It just affects mcmurray chicks. My mcmurray and ideal chicks have come in contact with each other AND my outdoor birds. The mmh were the only ones to get sick

Last edited:
Quote:
That's odd. When I called up MMH and told them about my deaths they told me they should be on the electrolytes and vitamins from day 1.

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. I video taped one chick that later died, but it didn't have the same symptems. And it was convulsing before it died.

If they're Polish, could they have pecked each other on the head?

Because Polish and Silkies have a hole on top of their heads and their little brains can get damaged if they're pecked on their heads.

Quote:
some are polish, I have no silkies. But the ones really be affected are the Black Faced White Spanish, dominiques, a red laced white cornish, and one silver laced polish.

See if you can get them to eat some scrambled egg. Add a little milk and baby vitamins to the egg before scrambling as added boost. I feed all my chicks eggs from day one. Just got home with a batch from feed store that had just arrived. Don't know where they ordered them from but I'm watching them like a hawk. None knew how to drink but quickly figured it out and was storming the water bowl. At first they ignored the egg and I left the room only to return and it was all gone. I fed them some more and they tore into it like a shark feeding frenzy. They are no more than a day or two old. I believe that baby chicks need more than just chick starter and that egg is the best thing for them - after all it's the yolk they absorb last and it gets them through the shipping process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom