Need help from duck owners/Indian runner ducks owners for animal safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopeend

Crowing
Jun 12, 2018
My never-ending-quest to save Indian runner ducks from being bred bad/used bad/dissapointed new owners worked. In the Netherlands.

I made an informative website just because it annoys me when these animals are mistreated.

A rant about calling out people who breed ducks for money; got me a message from the Dutch national bird society to thank me. Apparently they were watching because it happens at all waterfowl. And people dumping their ducks harms the wild duck too.

I had several issues planned to adress but I want to make it quicker;
- Ducks keeping in your home in diapers
- Ducks with the deadly gene with a tuft on their head.

I want to make atricles about it to tell new duck lovers why and how it is animal abuse.

But since I do not hang out with such people;

Would anyone give me an high definition picture from a tuffed duck and a duck in diapers. Owning a tuffed duck is not bad; but procreating them because it looks so fun is.

Long story short; have a chance to educate people; so ducks and new duck owners are more happy. Missing the pictures.

i do have pics but why would i have you use them to lie about how it’s abuse? if the duck is happy and healthy, how’s it abuse

Because you are only thinking from you. I exactly want to make a national article about it to prevent new you's. People thinking how it's so not abuse because théy get happy from it. These ducks love to be dressed up. Do they ask you at morning "can I be elsa now Duck mommy? pleeease?"

No use for a discussion. Since there is no option for discussion with you. This was the comment towards you. Let's be on topic.

I don't see why breeding crested ducks is abuse either. From what I understand, they have the same skulls as any crested bird

That is unfortunately untrue.

It is a gene.. okay. It is like naked cats/dogs/rats etc.

you have a momy and a daddy and they caary that gene. They give it to..

I'm sorry I just can't explain genetics to you. crested ducks + crested ducks die. It is cute when they are a bit handicapped; but deadly otherwise.

I can explain it clearly in Dutch by the way.

Okay, I did read some more and it sounds just like the frizzled gene or the short leg gene for Japanese chickens.

I still stand by my statement though that it's not abuse to breed these animals as long as you know how to properly cross them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom