Need Help. Hole size in bottom of coop to access the run below?

Quote:
Yes

It's a new breed i developed.
I thought since people like drumsticks they would taste good, but they are so fast I can't catch one to try it out
wink.png

lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif

I have full size adult roosters...and a bunch of soon to be full size chicks....I made my doors 10"x 11" and my roos have no problem getting in and out.

My guinea door is 12"x 16"...and is really to big for them
Hope this helps.

I'm sorry, I don't have exact dimensions, but mine is about 15 long by 12 wide. I can try to remember to measure in morning. The do duck a little bit I think, but it doesn't seem to bother them.

And honestly, if I had it to do over again, I would not do it in the floor. I have a very small coop & it does take up floor space. We made the ramp self closing, to be the "door" of the hole & the board has warped so it doesn't close tight. Not a big issue in our climate, but still annoying.

I remember reading discussions here of the pros and cons of having one your pop door in the floor. What I remember of those discussions is that there were many drawbacks to the approach. The number one complaint I remember is that the coop bedding ends up scattering out the door. It also takes up some of your valuable floor space.

My sense is don't do it if you possibly can use a conventional "in the wall" pop door instead.

Back
Top Bottom