NEED HELP, I have some kind of fruit PIC ADDED

We have the red ones. They make tasty jelly, very pretty in the jar.

Wish we had the yellow ones. I tasted some in a local store a couple days ago - sweeter than our red, and yummy!

Hey Gin....you can overnight me about 100 gallons if youd like
tongue.png
droolin.gif
I sure wish I could get some.

Hi! I'm so jealous! When I was a kid, my great granddad had tended a fencerow of red hog plums (they called them hog plums). He didn't mind us kids picking plums, but would have a hissy-fit if he caught us climbing in the trees (the best plums are always just out of reach).
I found a volunteer plum tree on the back-side of the pasture and bugged my Dad til he went back and dug it up and transplanted in our yard. It made the most glorious yellow plums just like yours! I always figured it was a sport, because there were no yellow hog plum trees growing anywhere near.
I'd love a sprout or seeds.
smile.png

Lisa

We have them growing all over our yard, I call them cherry plums because they are the size of cherries. They come in yellow, yellow and red, red and purple. Some are yellow on the inside, some are red on the inside. Some are sweet on the first bite but tart near the seed. Some have tart skins and sweet flesh and some are almost too sweet to eat. They can become a bit of a nusance as the seeds sprout up EVERYWHERE. I woud LOVE to make jam out of them. Is it difficult? I have never made jam.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom