need help identifying pullets

Yeah, I have only seen teens working the chicks at our TSC. At least they are friendly, but know-how is missing. I also wonder if stuff gets mislabeled, but with what is said above, that may be the hatchery's problem.

The birds themselves are definitely the fault of the hatchery, though.

I appreciate Hoover's customer service. Some really kind and dedicated people work there, but yeah, companies shouldn't scale up if they can't handle it. That is probably the CEOs fault.

Yeah, I have only seen teens working the chicks at our TSC. At least they are friendly, but know-how is missing. I also wonder if stuff gets mislabeled, but with what is said above, that may be the hatchery's problem.

The birds themselves are definitely the fault of the hatchery, though.

I appreciate Hoover's customer service. Some really kind and dedicated people work there, but yeah, companies shouldn't scale up if they can't handle it. That is probably the CEOs fault.
They definitely get mislabeled, and plus some chicks fly out of their bins and land in other ones, but they should be put back in instead of left there. The greatest thing I can't believe is why they would put Cornish Cross in the Bantam bin-I feel sorry for whoever is new to the chicken world and purchased those.

Did they just start the contracts this year? They made a mistake on my order this year, but last year they were on the mark.
I'm not certain how long it's been to be honest. Tractor supply isn't as prevalent in my state (Oregon) as it seems to be everywhere else. There is only a handful of locations here, but I know the chicks here are from Hoover for the most part, with other regional chain stores like Wilco and Coastal (Oregon, Washington, Northern California) don't use Hoovers at all.

I’m having a similar problem and just posted about it.
I bought starlight green eggers, prairie bluebells, Easter eggers & golden comets and a sapphire gem from TSC. All are supposed to be pullets and it turns out I have two roosters in the bunch and can’t identify the starlights, Easter eggers or prairie bluebells now. 😫😫 they’re about 4 months old now but haven’t started laying yet. Here are some pics of mine that I can’t seem to identify.

Attachments

• IMG_9932.jpeg
    IMG_9932.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9926.jpeg
    IMG_9926.jpeg
    738.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9934.jpeg
    IMG_9934.jpeg
    668.7 KB · Views: 12
One of our starlight green eggers look almost identical to our golden comet, except our has white earlobes. The other looks more like an isa brown. They must have production red in their parentage.

Anything with silver and brown I would guess would be easter eggers or prairie blue bells. They are basically the same breed, so they will be tough to tell apart. Do any of them have beards? I think EEs are more likely to have that, but it depends because EEs and Prairie bluebells are both mixes turned into a breed.

One of our starlight green eggers look almost identical to our golden comet, except our has white earlobes. The other looks more like an isa brown. They must have production red in their parentage.

Anything with silver and brown I would guess would be easter eggers or prairie blue bells. They are basically the same breed, so they will be tough to tell apart. Do any of them have beards? I think EEs are more likely to have that, but it depends because EEs and Prairie bluebells are both mixes turned into a breed.
No beards yet… it’s so hard to tell these hens apart. Seems like each kid and breed has several different colorations. 😫

No beards yet… it’s so hard to tell these hens apart. Seems like each kid and breed has several different colorations. 😫

And one of my golden comets is gold with white on the ends of her tail feathers. The other, bought the same day, is red like my Rhode Island Red and had stunted growth.

The red with white tails looks like SGE, but could also look like Golden Comets from what others have said. I think the red looking one could also be SGE, and the one with more mottled feathers is possibly PBB. Buff Orpingtons should be solid buff. I have never had Golden Comets, but I could see how all these types might looks very similar because they have the red in there and are either hybrids, or not super great quality Orpingtons. 🤦

But they are definitely chickens!!!

Back
Top Bottom